Wednesday, September 7, 2011

To BB or Not To BB

I promise I'm not normally one to use puns, but this one just popped into my head so I couldn't resist. :)



One of the newer products to the beauty scene is BB cream. If you haven't heard of it, it is a foundation/moisturizer/treatment concoction that is wildly popular in South Korea. This HG (Holy Grail) beauty product has now made it's way to the states via Clinique, Boscia, and Dr. Jart's. Every summer I've searched for a tinted moisturizer-like product that won't leave skin oily and provides medium coverage. The usual tinted moisturizer is almost always neither of the aforementioned characteristics.

Back in early July, while perusing the aisles of Sephora (as you will often find me doing) I noticed the BB creams so I took a sample of Boscia's version. Excited to see what all the fuss was about, I tried it within minutes of getting home. The consistency appears similar to a tinted moisturizer, but it doesn't go on as smoothly. You really have to work to blend it in. Once it sets in, the color starts to change to match your skin tone. The coverage was so much better than I expected, and it was the closest my skin had ever looked to being airbrushed.

You better believe I went to the Sephora the very next day before work to snatch up a bottle of my own. I've been using every day straight since then I really can't recommend it enough. I've even seen a change in the tone and texture of my skin. This is definitely going to be a permanent staple in my make up bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment